lanuch catalogue in different window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lanuch catalogue in different window

I want to setup a website and just have a link on it to launch the online actinic catalogue (pref in a new window)

Everytime i try to make a new index.html page actinic keeps wanting to overwrite it.

What changes do i have to make to do this?

Thanks
    ________
    MERCEDES-BENZ SPECIFICATIONS
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

In your 'Home' brochure page, untick where it says 'Use as Website Home Page'. This will upload all pages to the acatalog folder.

You will have to supply a new 'Base Page Filename' for the store index page in 'Design | Options | Site Defaults'.

Comment

base name

the problem i have with doing this is that I want the catalogue just as it normally is but lanuched in another window.

i have renamed the first page of the actinic catalogue index-buy.html.

I tried the method you suggested but now everytime i click on the [home] link it is linked back to my own index.html page rather the the index-buy.html which is what i want. Is there anyway i can change this. I have tried changing the base name to index-buy.html but it doesn't allow me to do this, saying something about a conflict of names etc.

any suggestions??
      ________
      Xv750
      Business Plus V9.0.5
      Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

You could go into 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous' and set the 'Home Page Link' field to point to a 'URL' and then enter the URL of the 'index-buy.html' page.

Comment

doesnt work

That won't work cause when i load the site (www.europeanwear.com) it loads the index-buy.html (actinic) page which is what i don't want.

I want it to load my own index.html page first, then a link on this will launch the whole actinic shop (index-buy.html) in another browser window. (to give the user the option)

The problem i'm having is because when i set the 'URL' to index.html and set-up the link on this page to point to index-buy.html (actinic), when the user clicks on 'home' (actinic) it still goes to index.html.

I also tried to change the base name to index-buy.html but it won't let me know this.

I know there is a simple solution to this!!
          ________
          Toyota 1/x history
          Business Plus V9.0.5
          Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

weird

weird, just tried it on a different computer and it works fine....
            thanks
            ________
            Tx16w
            Business Plus V9.0.5
            Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Glad to hear it's working. It may have been to do with a 'session' file on your server which had stored the wrong base URL for the store for your shiopping session.

You could go to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and then click on 'Purge Session Files' to remove all of them.

Comment

Working...
              X