Final confirm button in checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final confirm button in checkout

In the final checkout process just before you go to the receipt page the button says 'next' and is not clear from a customer perspective that they are confirming their order - is there any way to change the final next button to a confirm order button but not change the destination. Thanks in advance Donna
    Last edited by Donna Kempster; 03-Feb-2006, 10:17 AM. Reason: need to get help
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Sorry to re post but am desparate to launch!!

Any help greatfully received .....

Originally posted by Donna Kempster
    In the final checkout process just before you go to the receipt page the button says 'next' and is not clear from a customer perspective that they are confirming their order - is there any way to change the final next button to a confirm order button but not change the destination. Thanks in advance Donna
    Donna

Comment

Not tried but should work - edit Act_Order02.html and look towards the bottom for

Code:
      <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON">
      and replace the "value" to value="confirm order no going back" or whatever

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I don't think that works. I think it messes up the function of the button.
        OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
        Actinic developers since version 3
        01865 361696

Comment

Wouldn't mind being able to do this too. Could you not replace all the buttons with images and do it that way?

Dave
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Thanks all - Jont I'll try your suggestion and report back. I was thinking about changing the 'button' but how do you tell it where to go? Don't forget I'm a novice! Donna
            Donna

Comment

Wouldn't all the 'next' buttons use the same image (as defined in the perl script) though?
              01865 361696

Comment

Agree, as you can change the term 'next' but thought this would just change it everywhere. Donna
                Donna

Comment

I didn't like me changing the next button it got cross when trying to upload - is there a way to create a new netqoutevar and make this a confirm button and it goes to the final page? I don't really have a clue whether you can create a new netqoutevar though!! Donna
                  Donna

Comment

Tiger,

Im actually not sure, perhaps Actinic can tell us. I would think it would work though.

Maybe as a stop gap measure you could amend Act_Order02.html by putting some text next to the 'next' button stating that this will place the order?

Dave
                    Cheers

David
                    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Originally posted by dave_finlayson

Maybe as a stop gap measure you could amend Act_Order02.html by putting some text next to the 'next' button stating that this will place the order?

Dave
                      This is exactly what I've done myself as I don't think there's actually an easy way around it.
                      01865 361696

Comment

Tiger

How do I put text near my next button? Can I simply edit the template and put some HTML in with text associated or is it more complicated than that?
                        Donna

Comment

Hi Donna,

It's just as easy as that. You just need to edit Act_Order02.html and add some text next to the buttons.
                          01865 361696

Comment

Thank you so much

All done and looks fab - very clear to the customer now. Thanks so much Donna
                            Donna

Comment

Working...
                            X