Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Info on Confirm Purchase page

Dear All

Is there a way to have the Confirm Purchase page thats displays once somethig is added to the basket show only the Product Name - rather than the Product Name AND Choice that has been selected by the customer.

I could do with being able to 'clean' this page up as much as possible so that the customer can focus on simply adding the quantity to the quantity box.

I believe the template Act_OrderDetail references both the Name and Choice in the one variable 'NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME' (see below). Is there somewhere I can edit this for the purposes of this template?

<!-- OrderDetail HTML begin -->
    <!-- Insert HTML for the top of the order detail page -->
    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:REQUIREDCOLOR -->
    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PAGE" VALUE="ORDERDETAIL">
    NETQUOTEVAR:REFPAGE
    NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF
    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=CHECKOUTURL VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTURL">

<H3>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME NETQUOTEVARISPLAYPRODUCTREF</H3>
    <SPAN CLASS="actsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</SPAN>
    Thanks

Hi Peter,

If you are removing the Choice from being displayed on the Cart page, how would you know what the customer had chosen?

Say for example, you have a product 'Monitor' with two Choices 17" and 19". Without knowing the Choice value, it would be hard to Ship the order.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Suresh Babu G

Comment

Thanks SureshB

I thought that perhaps whilst the choice is passed through to the basket and calculated - that choice is not 'displayed' on the page.

A bit like <input type='hidden' value='the option the customer chose'> ......

is this possible?

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Originally posted by peter
        is this possible?
        I'm not sure whether we can achieve this. But, I reckon it would require some customisation in the perl script(s). If you are ready to edit the perl scripts, just let me know and I can check with the Development team.
        Cheers,
        Suresh Babu G

Comment

Hi

Not really. i'm no perl expert and its not that bigger deal. I just wondered if we could break out the values of NETQUOTEVARISPLAYPRODUCTREF easily.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
          X