Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's my 'Online Catalog' text going?

I'm totally baffled

When I create a new section in the store I enter a name, then an image (section-image.gif), then the description.

My problem being that on the 'Online Catalog' page there is no text appearing - just the 'section-image.gif' image in the left of the box.

My theme is 'Best Seller', colour is 'Metallic Blues'.

I've checked and double checked all my settings but cannot find anything amiss - what's going on?

It sounds like you've not gone to the layout tab after entering information to the general tab. If the layout is defaulted to 'image only - no text shown', that's the problem. Change the layout from the drop down menu.

Charles

Comment

Thanks Charles, I've checked as suggested but that was'nt the problem.

I've tried every combination but still have a page of blank boxes, all nice and tidy but not much use

Another thing I checked was my text color, just in case it was the same as the background though this was not the problem.

Never mind, I'll keep at it!

Comment

Also check Design | Options | Sections Tab
        See 'default location and arrangement of section lists' and make sure 'images only' is not checked.

Are you looking to see your changes in 'page preview' , 'offline preview' or are you uploading? Page preview is infamous for not showing changes right away.

Comment

Have you modified the Act_SectionLine.html template at all? It maybe the NETQUOTEVAR to include the text is either missing or commented out.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Bastari
            Also check Design | Options | Sections Tab
            See 'default location and arrangement of section lists' and make sure 'images only' is not checked.
            This was the problem!

Not sure how it happened but I clearly ticked the images box at some point, thanks again Charles.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
            X