Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Bar Colours

Hi

Our site http://www.performancemotorcare.com was developed over a year ago by external developers with whom we have since lost touch.

I am looking to give the site a "fresh lick of paint" - primarily by making it a little cleaner by removing the colours from the side bars and leaving them white with black or gey border

Unfortuantley I am having difficulty in estblishing where I need to go in V7 Business to change the settings - or do I need to be changing code in pages.

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Rob
    Rob
    For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

I think you will have to modify your main Actinic templates again - the same ones you modified for G/Analytics. I see there is a background colour set in some of the tables on most pages in your site - should be quite an easy change.

Comment

Oh dear - what have I done?

Duncan

Many thanks for your advice. Having looked at the 4 pages i made the changes to the background colours of the tables on the left and right hand sides. All well and good. I thne figured I needed to change the border widths in places so that the menus had some definition to them - again all well and good.

Until that is I took another look at the Cart and Checkout pages

http://www.performancemotorcare.com/...CTION=SHOWCART

http://www.performancemotorcare.com/...l?ACTION=Start

These pages now look a complete mess - can anyone tell me what might have gone wrong and how I can fix it. - I am assuming it is as a result of the changes I made this evening. Although I did ftp my links pages up last weekend but can't recall if I checked all the pages afterwards.

Any help would be appreciated as I am sure it is putting my customers off buying. (Lesson learned - even on minor mods - make a backup of the pages!)

Regards

Rob
      Rob

Comment

I like the look of your site Rob, very clean and crisp. Good use of links within the info pages too.

Anyway. I'd choose a different layout for the checkout pages, hopefully that will find an untamperedwith template to get you looking decent again. There are original templates in the software folders if you find you need to replace a modified one.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I hope you managed to find a replacement template and fix the checkout. Another thing I would consider is making the text in the left and right panes a little larger - on my laptop I can hardly read it - also the rollover text is white on white - you might want to change that now that your background colour is not blue. Just my opinion.

Duncan R

Comment

George/Duncan

Many thanks for your input. I am little cautious now about templates - is this an easy process - will it just take all the elements that are on the existing page an lay them out differently?

To be honest I don't even know where to start - assume I can just choose templates specifcially for the cart and checkout pages.

Having been looking last night at the source view page I do note that at least one of these pages now as a base href as the links page which I loaded last weekend by ftp - I am now thinking that something could have corrupted at that stage?

Regards

PS - Duncan - good spot on the rollover colour - I have just trued to change in Colours menu Mouse Hover Link but it did not make any changes - Am I looking in the wrong place?

PPS - the page layout now also seems to have corrected - nothing I think do do with anything I have done subsequently.

Rob
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X