X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login

Morning to you all,

I have a small or not so small problem.

The login stide of things is not working, customers can buy from my site, but when they do they are not being asked to create a login detail.
    Therefore when they click on login to see how orders are going etc there details do not exist for them to login.
    Please guide the stupid man at the keyboard.
    Thanks.
    Mark
    www.kessockmodels.com
    If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

Hi there,

Could you please post your website address and give me the steps to try, so that I could understand this issue better to investigate.
    Cheers,
    Suresh Babu G

Comment

I would suggest taking a look at the Advanced Users Guide, page 62 for teh topic "Allowing Customers to Register for Accounts Online". Actinic uses Static HTML pages and hence you will have to download and create the Customer accounts and then update the site for the user to be able to log-in and check the site.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

replies

Thanks for the replies,

my website is www.kessockmodels.com Sureshb.

I have looked in the book that came with the program and cannot see anything referring to this, where is the advanced user guide you refer to Bruce.

Thanks.

Mark

Comment

You could download it HERE
          Cheers,
          Suresh Babu G

Comment

Guide

I have just looked at the guide and it seems to be talking about adding this link to another site.
            I already have the button on my site and dont want to add it to another site.
            I simply want customer to be able to create a login as they make a purchase so they can login at a later date to see orders etc.
            If this is not possible please tell me so I can remove the login button (if I can see how).
            Thanks.
            Mark
            www.kessockmodels.com

Comment

The article mentioned tells you how to create a product that customers can add to the basket that enables them to submit a user name and a password for you to be able to download and create for them.

You do not need to do anything to the login button on the navigation of your site. If you want to take of the navigation button that says 'Log-in', then go to Design | Options | Navigation and Where it says 'Login' clear the field and also delete the .gif files, login1.gif and login2.gif. Click on apply and update the site.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X