Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Error generating HTML pages" compacted DB no change

Hi, I'm recieveing 2 error messages when ever the preview is refreshed;

Fisrt we get "No Error Has Occurred" (very funny)

Then imediately after "Error generating HTML pages"

We also get the same errors on upload during "Reviewing Files"

We've Compacted the DB with no luck
    Justin Rowe
    Shiver

I had this error this weekend for the first time. It was due to me referring to a stylesheet in Act_Primary.html using a fully-qualified URL (http://www.....). I had to remove the URL part to make it work.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the pointer, I don't have FQ urls in the css link but do in the BaseHref as other wise I get complete css and image failure in preview and online?

If I let the NETQUOTVAR do its thing it's unworkable, workarounds?
      Justin Rowe
      Shiver

Comment

Could you put the NETQUOTEVAR into the Base href tag just to test whether this is the problem?

If that's not it, could you check whether any fully-qualified URLs are used in any links to javascript files/images etc?

I'm afraid I don't know of any work around to this issue other than trying to find an alternative way to make it work by not having the fully-qualified URLs in place.

Comment

Chris,
          I've checked all the URLs and am now using the correct NETQUOTEVAR but still recieve the error?
          Justin Rowe
          Shiver

Comment

Just a thought, could this have anything to do with browser security? what does Actinic use as its in program browser?
            Justin Rowe
            Shiver

Comment

Actinic just uses an Internet Explorer plug-in to generate the preview. You could check your IE settings, but I don't think these will affect the Actinic preview.

Comment

Chris,

Just clutching at straws now !!*

Thanks
                Justin Rowe
                Shiver

Comment

Removing the full URL of the .css solved my same problem with this as well. I was told it may be because we haven't patched to the most recent version however luckily it was a simple as changing the Act_Primary file. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Christylh, thanks for your advice, unfortunately we couldn't find any FQ urls so it's now been passed to support.
                    Justin Rowe
                    Shiver

Comment

This appears to relate to the length of the Page Name. I believe the max is 50 characters; if you go over that you get this error.
                      http://www.phoenix-pcs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X