IE7 if anyones interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE7 if anyones interested

Just thought i'd pop this up for people if anyones interested.It's the new ie7 coming with vista.fully functional beta2 with no glitches or crashes so far,i'm using it to make sure my sites all work in it etc as this should be common release by christmas

ps. it has tab browing at last!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/...aredirect.mspx

I've downloaded it to test my sites as well.

My favourite browser is still Avant Browser though, which has had all the nice things like tabs for years and still looks nicer than IE7.

Avant Browser Home Page
    Regards
    David

Comment

It works quite well - has a few neat features (RSS formatting and preview panes), almost as good as FF now (LOL). Avant is good too but I use Pass2Go (RoboForm portable) and can't seem to get a plug-in to work with it (only RoboForm itself works, not Pass2Go)

I guess it will be (unfortunately?) all the rage when it surfaces later in the year. Down to personal choice I guess.

Duncan R

Comment

IE7 seems to me a major improvement but after 30 mins my computer was reduced to a crawl! Thats what you get for a beta, I guess. Also, I thought that IE was made seperate from the OS due to legal reasons, so its curious that you need to verify your system before the install...

There are some silly annoying things: no file/edit menu by default, and the zoom feature only zooms some page elements and not others, creating a great big mess. Oh, and it still doesn't support CSS2 properly! Firefox is my choice, purely because of availability of extensions and W3C standards.

Still, for joe public it will probably be a success (providing it doesn't require constant security updates...... )
        www.gbradley.co.uk
        Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Yes, I also found it a drain on resources, can only hope the final release has addressed this. Not keen on having to remember to right click and reapply the last multiple tab setup every time you start, but a vast improvement on v6.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X