Logo manipulation with Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logo manipulation with Actinic

The logo on my site measures 770 pixels so that it can be shown on a monitor with a resolution of 800. When viewed on a higher resolution the space to the right of the logo is filled in by actinic leaving a blue plain box. This is even more evident on wide screen monitors.

Would it be possible for me to make an additional logo that fits next to this on higher resolutions so that it is seamless but is not shown on lower resolutions?

The site in question is www.qualitysilver.co.uk

Many thanks

Regards

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Jason,

What you can do is set the image as a background of your table cell. If you look at your primary template, you'll see something like:

Code:
    <td align="left" bgcolor="#4ab6ff">LOGOIMAGE</td>
    Replace this with:

Code:
    <td style="background-image:url(acatalog/silver_titanium_jewellery_logo.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;width:100%;height:63px"></td>
    Now, the image is contained within the table cell, which will only ever reach the edge of the browser, no matter what resolution. You should be able to extend the logo as far as you want, but it will never render further than the window dimensions.
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Hi Jason

Just had a look and see what you mean.

Is there any particular reason why you can't set the width of your store, centre it on the page and have a contrasting background to define the store? I personally much prefer this idea as i don't like the way some of these sites are resized on wider screens, plus the site looks defined (in my eyes anyway)

On my screen, your site looks ok, however the links under the logo look a mess as the 4th from last is wrapped onto 2 lines with 3 others after it. To me it looks like you dumped three links on a second line cos you couldn't fit them in etc.

I personally havn't seen a PC screen not showing at a resolution of 1024 or more for a good few years now so i designed my site 950 wide. Im sure that some of the pros on here could mock that decision, however i took the decision to cater for most as you can never do a website that pleases or is great for everyone.

Comment

Kermy,

Maybe the javascript thing is too much trouble but I do like your suggestion of moving the logo to the right. Another job on the list.

Lee

The links are those that are generated in Actinic. They have however been annoying me so I have just hard coded them instead.

Regards

Jason
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

For some reason I didn't think of the most obvious suggestion, so take a look at my original reply.
          www.gbradley.co.uk
          Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Working...
          X