This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Cart Summary workaround

I came up with a way to display a proper summary of cart contents on every page a while ago, but never got around to sharing it. There have been a couple of posts asking for something similar, so for those who want to try it out, you can get it at http://www.gbradley.co.uk/74.html

In true Google fashion I'll call this a 'beta' until i get some feedback
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Hi Gary,

Excellent. I've been looking out to see if you were posting this script change and i'm gonna try it on our site.

Any problems / errors / weird things i'll let u know!

S
    www.thefilmstore.com
    Classico UK - www.classicouk.com
    The Filmstore - www.thefilmstore.com
    fully licensed products [postcards, magnets, mugs, mirrors and more] wholesale & retail

Comment

Good work Graham. Might be an idea to list a couple of sites with the script in action, and maybe a screenshot or two.

I reckon its a `goer` for me!
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Graham,

Where i said gary, read Graham.

Cheers!! no offense meant.. i'm just useless with names, even when i read them i type something different!!

I'm installing the script as i type this so the site should show it soon. As i said, any problems i'll let you know!

S
        fully licensed products [postcards, magnets, mugs, mirrors and more] wholesale & retail

Comment

You do realise the entire forum's waiting on you shnufc?

Football Heaven

Comment

Sorry, I should have pointed out that the summary is currently on http://www.diskdepot.co.uk.
            www.gbradley.co.uk
            Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

its a big site george... lol..

its on its way up but it'll be about 30mins or so judging by normal updates..

i'll give a heads up when its done..

and working..... hopefully.....

S

Comment

Right,

its up and running on our site now so i'll let you know anything else we find over the coming days.

first thing i noted was that my cart contents table was set at a basic 100px width, so check before u upload if you have 100's of pages.. spot who didn't..

secondly, check the abbreviation value (default of 12) is enough for you, i had to change it to 30 for the way our product names work. again, check before you upload if u can... again.. i didn't

so finally by the third upload, its working and seems spot on except for one thing, the links of the products from the cart summary don't link to the product.. it gets an error.. it must be calling the wrong url.. any ideas graham?

other than that.. sterling work!!

S

Comment

ahhh forget that last request. i think i've spotted it, its calling for a file number 1 but mines set at 345 in the cgi-bin... i'm just updating again (yay 5th time) so i think that will sort the non linking issue..

S

Comment

yep.. thats what it was..

so a final note on installing.. just make sure the script number it calls in getFullcart.txt calls the same as you have assigned for your scripts in the cgi-bin..

spot on so Graham, great work mate!!

S

Comment

I've done the dirty. Only applied it to brochure pages at the moment to save on large uploading (see above post). Have added a couple of things to the basket, which can be seen via the `View Basket` button, the message given is `No items in cart`.

?
                      Football Heaven

Comment

hi George,

works fine on our site www.thefilmstore.com

but then we don't display the cart on the home page only on internal pages. feel free to add items to a cart on our site and test it out

S

Comment

Hmmm. Maybe i need the getFullcart.txt tweaked also? Could be the script cannot `see` the cookie?
                          Football Heaven

Comment

George - would it not need the same tweak as the standard Actinic javascript when displayed on the Brochure page?
                            Bill
                            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi George,

We don't use the brochure pages so i wouldn't know what the problem is but it could be what you suggested with it not viewing the cookie from inside your store.

If you do install it on your act_primary template, just make sure you watch out for the obvious mistakes that i failed to spot (i'm good at that) and change any of the following it applies to

1. size of your table inside your cart summary
                              2. abbrieviation length - 12 was too short for our product names - ours is now set at 30
                              3. the cgi-script number it calls , default is 1, just change it to what all yours are numbered

and thats it.. roberts your mothers brother so to speak

S

Comment

Working...
                              X