Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defualt product in Shopping Cart??

Hi all - I need some help please....

Is it possible to have a product added to the shopping cart as a default item, without the need for using coupon codes? I tried the coupon code method and only get a link to the product that is on offer after the code has been entered.

Ideally I would like this free product to be added by default once another purchasable item has been added by the customer. I would also like only one free product to be displayed in the cart.

I know I'm probably asking a lot here, but hope this is possible and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on how to do this.

I'm currently using the Actinic Business version.

Cheers in advanced
    Goders

Software-1st
    http://www.software-1st.co.uk

You can try this out as a cart content discount, set up using 'Quantity', trigger set to '1', Create a product group with all but the item to be given free included, Reward type '% of Extra Product', Reward Amount '100', select 'Product' and from the dropdown select the particular product. Select 'Only one Reward per order'. You can even use a coupon code here and have it only entered in checkout. Have a play with it to see how best it suites you.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for the reply Bruce.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but we have had server issues, which has resluted in us having to move hosting companies. We are now pretty much back on line and I'm able to get things going again.

I have tried what you suggested and it seems to work ok'ish. It now displays the free Item in the basket but, the customer still needs to select it for it to be added.

Is there a way for it to always be in the basket, possibly as a mandatory item?

Thank you!!

Software-1st

Comment

Marc,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one. What you are asking for is not possible at the moment with the software. It si one for the wish list and I can make an entry for you there.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for checking any way. If you could add it to the wish list that would be great.

Any idea what the probability of something like this being added (ok I know - how longs a piece of string), thought I'd ask any way!

Cheers
          Marc

Software-1st

Comment

Marc,

Addition of wish list items to a release directly depend on the number of field reported incidents or requests made for the feature, the higher the number the better the probability of it being included.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X