Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protx Email Notification

My Protx Link is finally working!!!

Ok so I am trying to change the customer Protx Email notification. It is currently displaying who the Merchant name in the email rather than the items in the cart. I looked at the Pearl script and it looks like it should be displaying the cart contents.

Can anyone help?

$sCrypt .= "Amount=". $sAmount . "&";
    $sCrypt .= "Currency=". $::PriceFormatBlob{SINTLSYMBOLS} . "&";
    $sCrypt .= "Description=Items from ". $sMerchantID . "&";
    This is the line from the script that needs to be changed to display the Cart. I am unsure what I need to put in there to show the Cart contents.

Regards,
    Jon

No - don't change that. That is the text that shows on the Customer's Credit card bill when they receive it.

Have another read through the documentation you received from Protx.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Go into your Protx admin panel and within the administration area, there is options to amend details for the name, email address and the like...

Comment

Thanks for your comments...

I have a feeling it is not a setting within the Protx Admin area as our old store sends a different email to the clients.

That is right, it's the email bill/notification. However it is not displaying shopping cart items.

It is currently displaying the price, card used and the vendor name.

Comment

That is correct - read the documentation you received from PROTX. They do NOT list the cart contents, just the total and the merchant's chosen identification phrase.
          Bill

Comment

I have gone through the php from our old store (which displays the cart items). It calls the cart contents from a database. Which leads me to believe that to display the items they must be called from the Database not from Protx. The more I think about it...Protx would not store the cart information.

I assume I must do something similar on my our Actinic site however in Pearl script. Perhaps I can take the data from the cookies..?

Comment

ahhh right, sorry, see what you are after now...

Basically this is down to what is sent to Protx, so would require customizing the OCC script used by Actinic for that payment provider, to send the cart content to a specific 'colon' deliminated accepted field within the protx receipt of data page, thus it will process it through and then at the end produce the list and all that of the products...

Is that what you are on about?

http://www.protx.com/downloads/docs/...nGuideline.pdf has all of the details in this regards.

Comment

Thank you. Yes the OCC perl script needs to be customized. (refer to the first post). At the moment the Protx notification email sent to my customers lists:

Order Total: (Amount)
                Card Used: (Type of Card)
                You Bought: Items from (Merchant Name)

Our old system displays "You Bought" and lists the cart items. I would like to somehow display the cart items after "You Bought:" (cryptescription)

My pearl knowledge is minimal and I was hoping that there was a Crypt Field that simply needed to be entered. (like with the amount, type of card, merchant name)

Comment

At the risk of being considered downright obnoxious. Read the documentation you received from Protx.

They wrote the OCC script you are using and chose to NOT show Actinic cart details. Perhaps you should talk to them about why they chose not to show cart details before you break the connection (and your agreement with Protx) by screwing with the script.
                  Last edited by wjcampbe; 08-Feb-2006, 07:34 PM. Reason: only the spelling error
                  Bill

Comment

Right...my apologies...I thought the script was written by Actinic to allow Actinic to communicate with Protx.

I did not receive any documentation from Protx regarding scripting...however our account is about 5 years old and I am sure they must have updated they technical documentation in that period. I will try them for help....

Thanks for you assistance...

Comment

Working...
                    X