Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splitting a shops services to support two warehouses

Hello
    I was wondering if their was a solution to any or all of the queries below that you may help me with.

I am usign a multi licence version so setting up multiple shops is not a problem but my company is made up of two companies who sell different products and are based in seperate warehosues. The issue is I need a single shop front for clients to view amd make orders across all products but then for each warehosue to able to

1. download orders relevant only to themselves.
    2. create invoices accordingly
    3. have realtime payment go into seperate merchant accounts

I would be grateful if anyone can suggest how to support any or all of the above or simply to tell me that I am mad to try?

All the best
    Nick

An easy way would be to build the Shop Front in Dreamweaver and then direct customers to the separate Actinic stores from there.

That way each shop would be completely separate.

Comment

Splitting the shop

Hi
      Thanks for responding, much appreciated.

I see what you mean but I suppose I was hoping if possible for the shopper to have one checkout across both groups of products. To complete their details once only at checkout. Two shops would mean they need to check out twice.

Many thanks
      Nick

Comment

The problem is if someone orders items from both warehouses this will incurr 2 delivery charges for either you or the customer.

If you're happy have one shipping cost then you could allow the customer to check out with mixed items creating one invoice. I am sure Jan has a plugin which allows you to direct orders to your clients. So what you'd need to do is get someone to process and direct a copy of the invoice to each of the warehouses. They would pack and dispatch the items they stocked

Originally posted by opex
        Hi
        Thanks for responding, much appreciated.

I see what you mean but I suppose I was hoping if possible for the shopper to have one checkout across both groups of products. To complete their details once only at checkout. Two shops would mean they need to check out twice.

Many thanks
        Nick

Comment

. download orders relevant only to themselves.
          2. create invoices accordingly
          3. have realtime payment go into seperate merchant accounts
          I dont see how it would be possible to achieve the above without two separate shops running as a single checkout would mean that everything would be downloaded onto one PC and payments would only be able to be sent to one merchant account.

Comment

Working...
          X