Upload problems - Refresh mode & test mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload problems - Refresh mode & test mode

For some reason Actinic part of web site got corrupted - could not upload Stuck on base files update - have now edited registry so uploads will work by passive FTP - also deleted all .fil .cat files in Acatalog directory & .com folder and .pl and .pm in cgi-bin

Have double checked all directory paths - as they should be

Have deleted all .fil .cat .pl and .pm files in local version of actinic and have copied and pasted from original

Upload Now OK until I get to merge incremental updates receive error messages

Tried test script in Advanced Network setup

I get

The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts.

Checked permission on CGI bin 777 so OK and on catalog it is 775 so that should be OK

I am not out of disc space on my own dedicated server (Apache)

The server is configured to accept posts - I have had my site up there for last 3 years

HELP

Update - as no reply from this board or Actinic support - still experimenting!

Had no luck with my web hosting company when I gave the problem to them ref the CGI problem - Their response - and it cost me $160 a month for my server (now looking for new shared server!) WAS - not our problem - go see Actinic - my response tried that - they can't help - their response TOUGH!

In DESPERATION - Well what I did was as I have several domain names...... was take the re-direct of www.crossstitcher.net that normally points to www.crossstitcher.com name - establish the .net name as physical hosting rather than re-direct

THEN in actinic changed all the Advanced Network settings to the www.crossstitcher.net domain rather than the .com name and uploaded site - to a VIRGIN not used not touched no homepage - no nothing part of my server - BINGO it worked ....

BUT no use to me as no links in any of my web sites point to www.crossstitcher.net/acatalog/

Too tired after nearly a week without sleep trying to sort this stuff out - to change 5 web sites that use this shopping cart - so what I am going to do is try to delete the whole of my web site on the .com address including the whole Actinic - and even the domain name off the server - then set it up again as a BRAND new domain name and reload everything!

Drastic I know - still don't know what happened - don't know if this will work either - but it is worth a try - will post outcome!

Teresa

Comment

No external help - but NO sleep either!

Well without any help - I fixed it - not bad for a not very web savvy mere girlie -

Deleted the whole domain - EVERYTHING - then recreated domain and then uploaded catalogue as if for the first time -

I had to change the registry again for passive transfer - but then it worked -

thread now closed

(Am I the ONLY person who works weekends or was it SUCH a nasty problem that no -one wanted to help????) enough said!

Comment

No external help - but NO sleep either!

Well without any help - I fixed it - not bad for a not very web savvy mere girlie -

Deleted the whole domain - EVERYTHING - then recreated domain and then uploaded catalogue as if for the first time -

I had to change the registry again for passive transfer - but then it worked -

thread now closed

(Am I the ONLY person who works weekends or was it SUCH a nasty problem that no -one wanted to help????) enough said!

Comment

Working...
        X