actinic cart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic cart problem

When i am processing an order in the cart it shows the product description which in this case is the same as the ref nos . However i also want it to display the short description in the shopping cart view as well. Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi there

Can you provide a link to the store so we can see what the problem is?

In Actinic, the short description field is normally used as a product name and whatever you type in here will be taken to the shopping cart online as the original product name(shown under Description field on the cart page). The reference number will be displayed seperately under REF field on the shopping cart online when Auto generate Product references is unticked within View | Business settings | Options.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Dhivya Malani
    Regards

Dhivya Malani

Comment

Description

The problem is that we have had to use the product ref as the short description as we require to be able to search mainly by the part ref which only seems to work if it is used as the product ref and short description as we wish to have the product ref/part nos displayed in the search result page All i am trying to do is add the full description field into cart display if possible.

Comment

In view / Search Settings / Results there's a checkbox for Full Description.

Also, here's a simple Perl hack that will show the Product Reference in the Search Results. It simply adds the Ref to the beginning of the product name field.
        Code:
        Showing Product Reference in the Search results.

Edit SearchScript.pl (in Site1).  Back it up first.

Look for

($status, $sTemp) = ACTINIC::ProcessEscapableText($Product{NAME}); # properly encode the text

Change to

my $sRefTemp = $$rarrResults[$nCount];	# the internal product reference
        			$sRefTemp =~ s/.*!//;			# lose any duplicate id's
        			($status, $sTemp) = ACTINIC::ProcessEscapableText(' ' . $sRefTemp . ' - ' . $Product{NAME}); # properly encode the text
        You'll have to redo this patch if you upgrade Actinic as new releases usually overwrite any patched scripts.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Script Worked Great

Comment

Working...
          X