Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

merge error

hi

when i upload my site i get a merge error right at the end of uploading, this is a big site, took 52 minutes to upload all images and pages for it to fall over right at the end.

the error message was:

"An error occurred while sending the merge request"

and thats all the info i get.

Any ideas?

If you upload again, it will not upload the images again, only changed pages, so I would suggest first of all trying another upload as this can sometimes clear a merge error. If that fails, you will have to refresh, if that fails you will have to delete everything on the server and then refresh. However having said that I am no expert on uploading. this is just what I do with my sites, so hopefully someone else will be along in a little while to give you an easier option.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

still got the merge error

i refreshed the site and re-uploaded and the same thing happened. on the "merging incremental updates at the website" part of the upload.

during the upload i had 2 images time out, i retried it and the went up and the process carried on. would that have an effect?

Comment

its ok, fixed it. dunno how but it all uploaded ok

Comment

getting the merge error again.

any solutions to stop it? i tried a refresh but it still happened

Comment

This could be because the scripts are timing out on the server. I would suggest going into Advanced | Network Settings, check to see if you have "Use Enhanced FTP" selected and if it is, click on 'FTP options' and under 'Silent Running' select Enabled. Click on apply.

Try an upload and see if it helps the situation.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X