Changing the Menu format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the Menu format

We have our menu broken into 3 sections, by brand, by theme and by product type. Currently we have all displayed using a pop out menu
    probably easier to show you http://www.scrapbookshop.co.uk/

The Brand menu is too long -we have lots of brands and it's hard to select those brands that are off the bottom of the page, particularly for people without a scrolly mouse.
    What we would like to do is replace the brand bit with a drop down menu, but leave the theme and product type menus as they are.

Something like this http://www.scrapmagic.com/catalog/index.php (this is not an actinic shop).

I have spoken to our developers, but they have said that it is not possible to change the main menu so that brand isn't displayed, they can add the drop down box, but the best solution for not displaying the brand menu was to hide it at the bottom of the menu structure somewhere,
    Is it possible for them to alter the code which displays the menu structure so that it only displays the theme and product type menus and doesn't display the brand menu? I don't need to know how to do it, just if I am asking for something reasonable or not.

thanks
    Bev

You're using my "Donationware" NorTree menu (can't recall hearing from you before, unfortunately). It is possible to hide certain section (best post on www.drillpine.biz/forums where I've a support page just for NorTree) by patching the NorTree code.

It might be easier to simply create new top-level (Brands A-M) and (Brands N-Z) sections and move the approriate sub-sections into them.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman
      Our website was developed by a company called Wizzegroup - I would have hoped if they have used your code, they have made a donation, but I can't speak for them. I have to admit they gave me the impression it was an inbuilt function of Actinic.

I will split the Brand Menu in the short term, not sure why I didn't think of that myself!
      Thanks for your help,
      Bev

Comment

Working...
      X