Newbie: Left Hand NAvigation Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie: Left Hand NAvigation Problems

Hi - I'm a complete Newbiew to Actinic I'm afraid, but I'm hoping someone out there can help me with my Navigation problem.

I have built an Actinic site, changed the template a little, and managed to have products appearing. OK, so far so good - however, I only want to display the "Top Level Sections" in the left hand menu, not the products as well.

Currently, my template is using the "Yahoo" style navigation, and I tried to remove the Javascript and replace it with

NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONS_RAW in both the <HEAD> and the <BODY> of my page - but now nothing appears.

Please can someone help me? Can someone advise me wat I need to type in my <HEAD> and my <BODY> for both Brochure and Catalogue pages to view only "Top Level Section" navigation (text based) - no sub-sections.

Many thanks

Sam

Hi,

the route I have taken in the past if using that theme is to simply modify the Yahoo script and delete out the child section from showing in the javascript - take care to balance all the braces when deleting out!

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Mate... loving this forum.... It's gonna save my ass.

I found a more "user friendly" solution elsewhere within the forum:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=18502

Many thanks

Sam

Comment

Always more than one way to skin a banana - I tend towards the more brutal methods

Welcome to the forum BTW

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X