Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from an other country

Hello there,
    I am going away for a week soon, in the USA, i would like to know if i take Actinic software with me and a snapshot of my site, would i be able to dowload orders/upload site as i would do in the UK, from a relative's computer there. If any, what change would i need to make on the network set-up (FTP details, email settings,..). Our site www.carametis.co.uk is hosted by oneandone.
    Many thanks for all help and tips you can provide,
    Nicolas Mekchoudi
    www.carametis.co.uk
    Men's Jewellery & Titanium Watches and Jewellery

You should be fine - assuming you have no proxy servers setup in the network section.

I would be inclined to do a full copy of the site folder not just a backup - also take a copy of the patch version you are currently using as the install will be back to the original.

Depending on how you send and receive emails (Outlook Express etc) you will need to set up a new account in their email software - for the short period I would be inclined to use web based emails

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

This should be no problem - I've done just that travelling between UK and Central Africa many times with my laptop. (Also with 1and1 as it happens) You network settings should be the same. Copy all of the site1 directory as well as the snapshop and burn it to cd. I also keep a copy of the latest snapshot on my server as well.

Comment

We do this as well, we keep the software shop on a laptop and take it with us where ever we go - ironically the only place we have problems is in the UK because rental property here often doesn't have have a telephone.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have toured Canada and the USA logging onto hotspots and have had no problems.

Comment

I've run from Egypt, Bahrain and UK.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Before you copy Site1, look in Housekeeping / Security and copy / paste all the info there into a textfile that you save in Site1. This info is held in the Registry and isn't available by copying Site1 somewhere else. Should you have problems with the snapshot, you can install Actinic, close it and copy the Site1 over the default one. Then restart Actinic and go to Tools / Housekeeping and copy / paste that textfile info in. Now you have an identical system on the new system.

Using a Snapshot replicates this info sucessfully to a new site and is the cleanest method to move a site.

It would be a good idea testing this on another system in your home country before you travel, just to see if it will work smoothly.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X