Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v7.0.6

Actinic v7.0.6
    We are pleased to announce that this planned maintenance release is now in full production.

For more details and to download the patch, see:
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/Registerv7.php4

The details of changes in 7.0.6 doesn't appear to be there.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I presume am I correct in assuming that upgrading from 7.0.5 to 7.0.6 will overwrite all pl and pm code, is this true?

If so - What's the easiest way for me to find out what files have changes that I may have made (some time ago) in these files when I built my site?

I'm thinking along the lines of creating a new site in Actinic and doing a batch file content compare??? (with something like UltraEdit)

Duncan R

Comment

The details of changes in 7.0.6 doesn't appear to be there.
        Mike - when I go to that page, I see a link that says "v7.0.6 contains a number of key changes. For more details of these changes, click here". Do you have that? Where does it take you?
        I presume am I correct in assuming that upgrading from 7.0.5 to 7.0.6 will overwrite all pl and pm code, is this true?
        Yes this is true. The perl scripts are not upgraded during an upgrade - they are replaced.
        If so - What's the easiest way for me to find out what files have changes that I may have made (some time ago) in these files when I built my site?
        Any replaced Perl scripts do get backed up during an upgrade (check the 'Backup' folder(s) for the script).

But I suggest you first compare your 'Site1' perl scripts to the ones in the 'Original' folder using a compare tool - just to make sure you know all teh changes you've made. You will then need to reapply these changes to the 706 perl scripts after the upgrade.

Comment

Mike - when I go to that page, I see a link that says "v7.0.6 contains a number of key changes. For more details of these changes, click here". Do you have that? Where does it take you?
          This goes to a page that shows changes up to and including 705 not 706.

Duncan R

Comment

I was about to post the same thing. Only changes up 7.0.5 are posted here: http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/chang...b2474f88cedd88

Mike

Edit: link may not work because of sesssion ID stuff

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

As always, okay to go from 7.0.2 to the latest one?

(Maybe not on a Friday afternoon though )
              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

OK - I'll get someone onto that right away.

Comment

Did you miss my question Mr Dicken?
                  Football Heaven

Comment

This goes to a page that shows changes up to and including 705 not 706.
                    Working now - thanks Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by george
                      As always, okay to go from 7.0.2 to the latest one?
                      Be wary of updating if you dont need the fixes - you can end up in a lot of bother with something else breaking in the jump - there was a big thread about 7.0.5 killing some shipping options a while back

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I have Developer and have one site running at 705 that I'm reluctant to upgrade as it's working fine. However I want to work start work on another site - can I do that at 706 without affecting my site running on 705?

Duncan R

Comment

Sorry Duncan, it's all or nothing. Either the new site gets developed in 7.0.5 or all sites have to u/grade to 7.0.6.
                          Bill
                          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

From memory the patches work at the program level so if you upgrade to 7.0.6 all the sites will update also so you will get the nag saying different version on the server. Can anyone else clarify that is that case or otherwise?

** Bill confirmed that whilst typing **
                            Last edited by jont; 10-Feb-2006, 05:16 PM. Reason: Bills reply at the same time

Bikster
                            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                              Be wary of updating if you dont need the fixes - you can end up in a lot of bother with something else breaking in the jump - there was a big thread about 7.0.5 killing some shipping options a while back
                              Yeah, noticed that. Thats why I've delayed upgrading so far.

But would the upgrades not be part of version 8, ie have to be encountered sometime anyway?
                              Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
                              X