Three sites set up help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three sites set up help please

Hi, i would like to have three sites running. I have one allready done, I have a couple of questions.

The two new sites, would it be best to have two seperate hosting accounts or can I host all three sites on one.

How would this work, i know you can change the script id number.

From a search engine point of view is a seperate host better.

Would a multi host account be a better bet and if so does anyone have any recomendations.

I would requrie three email accounts for each unique site.

IF I use developer for this purpose how would actinic link behave with three sites. Could I pull all the details of all three sites into sage or quickbooks ok.

Many thanks

Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

I have several of my own Actinic sites each with its own URL eg site1.co.uk, site2.co.uk and site3.co.uk ... I happen to host these with the same provider (CLARA) .... each site gets treated as its own individual site, own orders, own emails etc. I have no issues with script ID's or being indexed by the search engines.

Using Developer I simply have to open each site and then retreive the orders - no doubt Jan over at Moleend Software has a utlity that could automate this but for me I am OK to simply swap sites.

My only issue was sending emails branded as site1, site2 etc as I use SBS server for the emails - if you use a normal email client it is no problem to set to send and receive specific to the site.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

hi, are your sites on clara hosted each one on its own package or do they offer a multi hosting solution ?
      Thanks
      Wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

They are hosted separate - using their SOHO package which works with Actinic.

May be also worth checking out Jo's hosting over at www.pinbrook.net as she has a resellers package which may become more economical depending on the number of sites you want to host etc

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X