Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opening the database in MS ACCESS??

Hi Guys,

I would like to interogate my actinic database using ms access or ms query, but I cannot open the database in access97 and I cannot link to it in ms query.... Is this possible? if so, what versions of access or query do I need, or what other software can I use to carry out the query?

I want to be able to produce other types of report, compile mailing lists, create postage lables, change the layout of the invoices etc.

any help appreciated

andy warner
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

I use Access 2000 and I believe that the Actinic databases for V6 are released in Access 2000 format.

There is also a limited mechanism within Actinic for you to add your own user defined reports to it's list of reports, look for user defined reports in the advanced user guide for details of how to do this. I use this feature for my mailing label products. You have to edit/write the reports with crystal reports v8.5.

If you want to change the layout of the invoices you will have to use crystal reports to edit the .rpt files in the catalog directory.

If you want to compile mailing lists I would recommend a free product called groupmail, click here to go to the download page. It allows you to setup email lists and send personalised mailing. I really like it. You can export your order details from Actinic into comma separated files and from there you can import them into groupmail, it removes all duplicated addresses on the way.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X