Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cart Problem (stumping Norman is embarassing me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart Problem (stumping Norman is embarassing me)

Been installing Norman's Image Upload routine and all works fine except the image isn't being carried to the cart as it's supposed to. Routine uses Quantity on Product Page.

Site Default is Quantity on Product Page and all--ALL--pages use same. Norman says that--inexplicably--the page with his routine is going to the Quanity on Cart Page.

I can't see any difference. He asked me to do the following:

"Look at a normal page. Double-check that your Shopping Mode is [/b]Quantity on Product Page[/b] - you should see the Quantity Fields, pre-set to 1 on each product. Then see if Add to Cart goes to the Quantity in Shopping Cart page. That's the problem.

"If so post that page's URL and ask if anyone can explain why a Quantity on Product Page section is posting to the Quantity on Shopping Cart page."

Here's a normal page:
    http://solutions-marketing.net/acata...d_Statues.html

And here's the problem page:

http://solutions-marketing.net/acata...s_Section.html

Can anyone see a reason for this happening? We all know it's not Norman's code so I need to find out what I'm doing wrong before...
    Jeff Pollack
    www.alldawgs.com
    www.profleeceusa.com
    www.4dogclubsonly.com
    www.silverwood2007.com

Both Firefox and Opera ran a constant error that radioimage was not defined - apart from that I saw no difference in anything on the site.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Jeff's "Normal Page" http://solutions-marketing.net/acata...d_Statues.html is using Quantity on Product Page. This should operate as a standard Actinic Quantity on Product Page.

However when you do an Add to Cart (try the Light Up Jack Russell Terrier Lucite Keychain) you should go to a bounce page Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here... and then back to the Product page.

What's happening, though, is that you end up in a Quantity in Shopping Cart page (see the entry boxes for the product quantities).

Because the site works (even though the path from Product page to Cart and Back is wierd) it could have been operating this way for ages.

Unfortunately, Jeff wants to use my Image Upload and that relies on a correctly working Quantity on Product Page type Section.

I've peeked in Jeffs .cat files and they definitely have the Quantity on Product Page mode defined.

I'm not often stumped but this is too weird for me.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman - how can you tell the difference between a quantity on Product Page with a bounce delay of 0 (zero) and a quantity in cart?
        Last edited by wjcampbe; 11-Feb-2006, 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling all over the shop
        Bill

Comment

Wouldn't it bounce back to the Product page, not the View Cart page.

Also the extra bit of code that attaches the selected upload image would run. It runs as part of the Qty on Product Page route through the Cart script.

Comment

But at what stage? Delay = 0 stays on the cart page until the user presses continue, update, checkout - could the continue action be circumventing the code trigger?
            Bill

Comment

Norman, don't know if it helps, but I get the radioimage not defined error when I navigate to any page after the cart (using the cascade menu), not IN the cart.
              Bill

Comment

Delay = 0 stays on the cart page
                I don't think that this is the problem. If that was so we'd be stuck on the Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here... page.

The problem, put simply is. Why does a Quantity on Product Page type purchase end up on a Cart Summary page and not on the bounce page?

Comment

If that was so we'd be stuck on the Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here... page.
                  No, that is not correct. With no bounce, there is no bounce message, you sit in a cart page with an editable quantity, which is what we have on http://solutions-marketing.net/acata...d_Statues.html
                  Bill

Comment

Bill,

I'm not familiar with this. Can you tell me how you'd set up site e.g. a standard Actinic Demo Site) to do this please?

Edit: OK I see it in the Help.

Comment

Yay! I'd completely misunderstood Bill. Many thanks for so patiently pointing out my error. I'd always overlooked that setting (and it's Help explanation) and thus was wrongly convinced that Jeff's site was misbehaving.

Now if Jeff is listening, we can go back to the Drillpine Forum and see if we can fix his Image Upload problem there.

Comment

See you at Drillpine.
                        Jeff Pollack
                        www.alldawgs.com
                        www.profleeceusa.com
                        www.4dogclubsonly.com
                        www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Working...
                        X