Inserting image into table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inserting image into table

Hi,I'm using the "smart" theme and am editing it in dreamweaver but have come across a problem. On my homepage i want to insert an big image in to the middle table (the one thst originally contains welcome to our site and the computer image etc) how do I go about doing this? as i can instert them into the two small boxes below the navigation table and the cart one but not the main one! thanks in advance

Select a different layout for the fragment that includes an image ability and you should be fine, or if it is just an image you want to add, in addition, then add a new fragment in the position you want, and select the image only layout...

All the best.

Comment

Hi.Thanks for that. The problem with that is that the image doesn't meet the edges of the box it's in.It sits centrally and if i make it biiger it just makes the table bigger but the image still doesn;t meet the edges.
      Is it possible to:

open dreamweaver then open act_brochureprimary then inster the image into the table that way.This would obviously mean that all my brochure pages would have this big image, and i only want it on the welcome fragment (homepage). So then I would open the more pages in preview mode, copy the url and open it in dreamweaver that way, delete the image from withing that page and then inster my text in dreamweaver upon that page.I can then do the same for all my brochure pages, This way I can male really unique layouts for each different brouchure page.

If anyone understands what i'm trying to get at please let me know if this is a valid way of doing it or if it is more of a bodge job.

Thanks for any help

Comment

If you just want the home / front page to show the image, copy act_primary.html and call the new file something else like act_primaryfront.html for example. Then go into design, options, and under layout choose the new file you have just created for the front page via select/browse.

Open the file in dreamweaver and edit / add the image into the page.

is that what you are after ?
        Web design Bradford

Comment

that's exactly what i'm after cheers. theres so many ways to acheive the same goal with these things that you just go blank!thanks

Comment

Working...
          X