Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE

Hi All

I am looking to implement a text box (75px high) in the footer of my site. Within the box I would like to have page specifc text (e.g. on a cufflinks page the text box would contain info on cufflinks, and so on).

I plan to use the custom properties of the page to dynamicaly drive the contents. Therefore I have set-up a CUSTOMVAR:TEXTBOXINFO. However because of the character limits within the custom property field, I have set-up a .txt file to drive the content.

However I am having trouble getting this to work. Heres my stab at the code I will use in the footer:

<div style="width:100%;height:75px;overflow:auto;">
    NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE CUSTOMVAR:TEXTBOXINFO
    </div>

which should translate to:

NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE cufflinks.txt
    </div>

This is not working - am I doing something wrong our is my design incorrect.

Any help appreciated.

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Just use
    Code:
    CUSTOMVAR:TEXTBOXINFO
    </div>
    and when setting the Customvar, tick Is File Name and Use File Contents.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman / all

I have entered the code above into the following area:

Design Option > Shop Defaults > Header & Footer > Footer field. That is where my footer code is contained and therefore it is on every page of the shop.

I am then setting the Customvar, ticking Is File Name and Use File Contents, within the Section or Sub-sections properties. Will the sub-section properties populate something in the Header and Footer?

At the moment the only text appearing in the text box I have created is the CUSTOMVAR:MARKETINGTEXTBOX. This should be replaced by the text in the .txt file???

See example at bottom of page: http://www.kjbeckett.com/acatalog/au...eatherpen.html

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Men's Clothing & Accessories
      Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
      Bath, England
      Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

NETQUOTEVAR's and CUSTOMVAR's usually work only in Templates. You're putting this info into a data field in Actinic where it's just treated as text.

There are at least 2 workarounds.

1) You can get quite a lot of text into the Header and Footer field (design / Options / Shop Defaults / Page Header/Footer). Are you sure it won't all simply fit as text. Embed HTML within !!< and >!!

2) Look in Act_Primary.html and put your CUSTOMVAR in the same place as the NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERTEXT.

Comment

I just tested and you can get a [b]huge[b] amount of Text into design / Options / Shop Defaults / Page Header/Footer. Just type it up in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and copy / paste the lot into the tiny entry window.

<EDIT>This may not help a lot as I've just re-read the original post and you want it different on each page.

My second suggestion above should do that.

Comment

Working...
          X