state/province does not correspond to country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

state/province does not correspond to country

For some reason the list of options in the State/Province drop down does not correspond to the country selected - only the US States are showing.

Presumably I should by default have no options before a country is selected, no options if UK (or any other country without states defined in Advanced>Locations) is selected, and then if I select say Canada in the Country box, the Canadian states should appear in the drop-down. But only the US states appear no matter what country I select.

Is this field necessary from a shipping (from the UK) point of view? How could I remove it altogether? It doesn't seem to be possible in Design>Text as the Show/Require boxes aren't appearing.

I would be grataeful for any help or guidance.

Jo,

I would suggest taking a look at this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=17330, this topic has been covered over several threads on the community, a search for States Dropdown or Province will give you several results.

If you intend to ship only to the UK then I would suggest removing the other Zones from Business Settings | Tax, leaving only the UK and No Tax Levied. Click on 'No Tax Levied' and select 'Do not allow none of the above as a Zone member'. If you do want to ship to the States and Canada, I would suggest checking the particular Zone you have added canada to and see if it has the states attached (+ sign against Canada), if not, click on 'Edit Zone' and reselect Canada from the available regions.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X