complete newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

complete newbie

hi, am completely new to Actinic and have catalog.
    what i want to do is have a page with products that are on special offer as the home page instead of having the homepage that comes as standard.

i would also like to have a image at the bottom of all my product pages that displays all the credit and debit cards that we accept.

I know it will be really easy to do but its doing me head in!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Tarik

Hi Tarik, welcome to the forum.

You can set any page as the homepage by setting up a .htaccess redirect rule (assuming your server supports this) check out the forum or the internet on how to do this.

Adding the images to the bottom of the product pages can be done in a couple of ways - you can add to the Act_Primary.html template found in the root of the site1 folder (this will add to most pages in the site) or if you want to add to just some of the pages simply insert a fragment into that section and insert the images there. To get the images onto all the pages edit the 3 main templates:

Act_Primary.html
    Act_PrimaryCheckout.html
    Act_BrochurePrimary.html

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Don't know what to suggest regarding the Special Offers, but the images are easy. Just whack a bit of HTML into the footer (Design > Options > Shop Defaults [tab]), just remember to put the Actinic HTML tags ( !!< and >!! ) around your code. That code will then be displayed at the bottom of every page.
      David
      Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

Or John's way is just as good.
        David
        Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

cheers guys will have a look regarding the special offers later but johns method regarding the image at the bottom works fine.
          thanks again guys
          tarik

Comment

one final question, how can i remove the powered by actinic logo at the bottom of the home page?
            thanks
            Tarik

Comment

Is that part of the referral scheme from Design | Options | Site Defaults ?

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

yes that would be the one. thanks
                i didnt even know it was a referral scheme. i may consider keeping it then
                thanks again

tarik

Comment

Working...
                X