Anchoring fragments and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anchoring fragments and more

Asked this before but still wondering the best way to do this. Since you cannot go link direct to a (regular) fragment within a brochure page, whats the best way to include html within a fragment so this becomes possible. For example, on a Frequently Answered Question page, so you can link directly to say, the paypal payment fragement from the homepage. Maybe its best to create a `Help` page within the catalog sections.

Also wondered if its possible, without too much work, to create sub brochure pages using the regular methods. For example, sectioning a links page into maybe four pages, but not having the pages in any nav bars or anything, just being linked to from the parent brochure page.

I'm noticing more and more sites are having consistent nav bars throughout so maybe thats something Actinic could look at, as in keeping brochure nav bars active within the rest of the catalog also. Or have I missed something altogether?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

At the top of the fragment, add your own anchor <a name="myanchor"></a> then at the position where you need the link use <a href=#myanchor>go to myanchor</a>

You can see this in action on my FAQ page and an alternative version on the Pharaohs Timeline (Brochure pages) page which uses a table of links at the top of the page.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Good shout Egypt Man. Are the links to the `top of page browse egyptian stuff` a separate fragment? Wouldn't mind a cheeky wee look at the fragment text as its probably just what I need. Notice its a catalog page too.

Quite a clever use of the page layout there son. In my humble anyway.
      Football Heaven

Comment

George,

The top fragment opens a table row and cell (coz it is a catalog page which already has some table stuff there
        Code:
        !!<
        <tr><td>
        <a name="top"></a>
        <a href=#papyrus>click HERE for Papyrus painting FAQ</a><br>
        <a href=#glass>click HERE for Pefume bottle FAQ</a><br>
        <a href=#replica>click HERE for Replica figures FAQ</a><br>
        <a href=#shipping>click HERE for Shipping FAQ</a><br>
        <a href=#payment>click HERE for Payment FAQ</a><br>
        >!!
        Note the name="top" in there. The links back to top are just copies of this next bit, with the second half changed as appropriate
        Code:
        <tr><td align="right"><a href=#top>Top of page</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="Papyrus-paintings-light.html">browse papyrus paintings</a> </td></tr>
        I put all my 'brochure' pages into a catalog section to get automatic site mapping and everything wrapped in the acatalog folder - makes pathing pretty simple.

It took a little bit (actually quite a lot) of trial and error to get the table row/cell stuff working the way I wanted it to break, but you can see all that when you view the page source from the website.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Still tweaking to find the best set-up but a perfect answer Bill.

Any thoughts on brochure sub-pages folks?
          Football Heaven

Comment

I guess the best way would be to create brochure pages with specific fragments within them, thereby giving you the ability to link to a page. You will however have to get rid or comment out NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE and hand code in the navigation buttons if you do not want the brochure pages appearing.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X