Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Page Title

Hi another daft question from me.

I am trying to change the catalog Title (acatalog/index.html) from our company name to something more SEO friendly - currently the most characters I can get in is 20 - How can I increase this size?

I have tried opening the database in Access and looking in the Catalog field but I can't seem to increase the field size.

Also tried to use a customvar but when I look at design/options/site defaults It already uses 4 and will not let me create another. All of our other pages are fine its just the catalog index page I need to change.

Thanks
    Jo
    Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

I have over 20 CUSTOMVARs so I think you should revisit that - the place to create the new CUSTOMVAR is Advanced | Custom Properties, THEN you can add them to the table in Design | Options.

The other alternative is to create a copy of Act_Primary under another name and switch to that for the home page (or for all the others) and hardcode a title into the home page only version of Act_Primary.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Try .....

open the database and look for the "catalog" table. Right click and select "design view" .... against "catalog name" change field size to suit.

Open the "catalog" table and you can enter your text into the "catalog name" field. Save and exit and you should see the new name accordingly.

Best to make a backup before hacking away!

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi there
        many thanks
        how do i open the database?

Comment

The database is called ActinicCatalog.mdb and can be found in the root of the site1 folder ... you will need a copy of MS Access to open it

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X