Data Entry Report- missing info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Entry Report- missing info

I print out data entry reports on our orders for our store manager, however some information that would make it easier for her to understand doesn't print out with it.

For example, the report prints whatever the customer keyed in to one of my user definable fields (aka "I found you by searching Yahoo"), but it does not show the question that prompted that answer (aka "How did you find us?"). It only states "User definable 1".

How can the user definables show up as the actual questions on the report?

Thanks!

Christy

You can customise the text that appears on the reports in the same way that you can customise the text that appears on the web site.

If you select design/text from the main menu and select the order processing tab and within that select the data entry tab you will see a line for 'User definable 1' and you can change that to the text that you want your sales staff to see.

This prompt is used on several reports so you might want to use the search box at the bottom of the dialog to search them all out and change them all at once.

Just out of interest what does your store manager use them for?

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

We are in separate buildings and I fax reports to her. Anything that will make the data more clear is important since I am not there to explain it often.

Thanks so much, will try out the tweaks!

Christy

Comment

Thanks, I asked because I am interested in how people use Actinic for order processing. A lot of people retype their info into other applications and the data entry report is often used for that.

BTW: I have an application that allows you to automatically email reports to someone else , this might be useful to you - save on fax paper anyhow. See http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Act...rocessors.html email reports and export reports are the relevant ones.

Regards
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

I'm going to run it by my manager. As we get busy, I'm sure purchasing that plug in would be to our benefit.

Thanks!

Christy

Comment

Hi Christy,

Great - tell them that if you buy it before June 1st (and join my mailing list before buying so that you can claim the £15 discount that runs out on the 1st June) you can get it for £30.
            You can try it for free first as well to make sure that you like the way it works.

Regards

Comment

I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help?

I've changed the User Definable fields under the Data Entry Tab in Design/Text and fully refreshed the website.

On new orders that I print off, it's still showing "User Definable 1"

Any Ideas?

Comment

Mike,

I somehow got that problem worked out quite a while ago, but I cannot for the life of me remember how or find the documentation.

In cases like that, it is best to put in a ticket with support- as I know that the knowledge base doesn't have the info you need. Support on both continents has been very helpful to me this year.

Christy

Comment

Thanks for the response Christy - I've solved the problem since I wrote my post.

I had changed the text in the right place but was still downloading orders on a separate PC without re-deploying the site.

Comment

Working...
                  X