Invaild section - fail.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invaild section - fail.txt

Ive imported some new products from the database into actinic and the fail.txt file has got lots of these in:

Line 458: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

what has caused this?

It seems you may be trying to import with the wrong formatting. Try creating a section that you want manually - export this and look at the format required to import. Follow the same formatting and try to import with a small amount of data initially.

If you open your import file and look at line 458 (or the line before) you should see where the import started to fail.

Comment

actually each error reads as the following:

Line 458: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 458: The selected image file does not exist.

so i presume the errors are related to the images?

Comment

Possibly - check the path is correct and that the image file does exist there. The simplest way is to first place all the images into the Site1 folder and then you can just reference the image without a path in your import file.

Comment

a lot of the products i uploaded are by new brands - brands which i didnt create a folder for. this might be why i got the errors.

if i upload folders into the acatalog directory for the new brands as they are named in the database, will the images automatically go into these folders? im using absolute ftp.

Comment

On your webspace all images and html pages (excluding brochure pages) will all be bundled into the acatalog folder automatically by Actinic.
            For Actinic to do this you will need to have all the images etc on your PC (preferably) in the Site1 folder. Then when Actinic does the ftp upload they will all be transfered for you.

You don't need to use an ftp client to put images onto your webspace for Actinic. If you do tyhen Actinci will not be able to manage the files.

Comment

Working...
            X