Turning the 'Out Of Stock' icon into a 'Request next available copy' button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning the 'Out Of Stock' icon into a 'Request next available copy' button

I run a website that sells back-issue magazines, the supply of which is erractic - ie. we have no way of knowing when or even if we will get new stocks of any particular issue.

If a customer is looking for an issue which is currently out-of-stock, we offer a service whereby they can fill-in a simple enquiry form, and we will record their 'wants' and email them if the item they are looking for becomes available.

The form mentioned above is accessed by a link at the bottom of each page; however, it has been suggested to us that the 'Out Of Stock' icon for any given product could itself become a 'Request next available copy' button.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how Actinic could be made to insert a button into the page like this, rather than the standard .gif image? The button would always link to the same page, although a really neat extra would be if it could somehow take the 'product name' with it and pre-fill-in that part of the enquiry form.

Any ideas gratefully received

many thanks

Jeremy Arnold
    www.magazineexchange.co.uk

Jeremy,

Take a look at http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...dmin/acatalog/ I guess it could come in use.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks - I notice that advice is from the 'Version 7' section, but presumably it will work equally well on Version 6 - if so, that is the second part of the question dealt with - now I just need to know how to get Actinic to actually insert the button in the first place

Many Thanks

Jeremy

Comment

Jeremy,

Enter the code into your product layout template (normally called Act_ProductLine.html) above where it says NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML ..

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X