best image sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best image sizes?

I have a library of 100+ images at original size which I need to edit to provide main brochure page shots, product shots and thumbnails for my first actinic site. What would be the recommended size for these?

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

Image sizes depends on the section / product layout and theme you are using as well as the number of products (images) per page as this will affect the download times.

Probably best playing around with different sizes to see which works the best and then doing a batch convert on the original. No real magic answer I'm afraid.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

you should be looking at overall page weight.

ie if you plan on having 10 images on a page then 5-10 k is a guide

for pages of just one image then 50k

this way you get good enough quality image, a little large for modem users but fine for BB

Comment

Hi,

Could you not have small images and then link them to much larger ones - Like thumbnails? If they are interested they will click and wait a little longer for the larger image. Let them decide!

If you have a lot of images on one page they are going to have to scroll alot!

Comment

Paresh - I think that is what is intended as the OP mentions thumbnails

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X