How does the actinic registration work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the actinic registration work?

I am just getting to grips with actinic,and about to purchase a license for the catalog version. I want to check how the registration system works, is it joined to a domain or is it just a program? The reason I ask is that I plan to learn how it works and run it on a domain xyz.com then once I am confident in it move it over to 5starxyz.com and then get rid of xyz.com. Is this possible?

The license allows you to publish one web shop on one domain.

What you can do is run in test mode on 5starxyz.com until you are happy with it and then switch to production mode on the same uri. See - it has already saved you the domain purchase and hosting fees for one domain
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

cant run test mode on the domain because its already an online shop, hence the reason why I would need to run it on another domain.... to test it before it went live taking over from the old web shop.

Comment

You might be able to run it in another test directory in the current running domain though. Such as http://test.5starxyz.com.

Comment

in answer to the original Q yes you can run it in a testing doamin. Then delete it and upload to the live domain.

the licence is for one live site, so it doesn't matter where you test/develop it as long as at the end of the day you only have one live site

Comment

You can run Actinic V7 in test mode, if you do this it creates dummy directories under acatalog (it will be acatalog/test/acatalog). So you can test your new shop there without hopefully effecting your current shop. Failing that install a local server for testing (instructions for how to do this are in the Actinic advanced user guide)

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X