Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some issues in the error.err file...

Hi
    The heavily modified site appears to function well and we continue to receive many orders per day but the error log has some odd entries, one of which is:
    Internal Errors = Email receipt not sent to customer. Undefined customer email address.

I see only 1 post about this, but's thats Acinic 6 (link below)
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...customer+email

We do not use registered accounts, anyone can buy on the site.

Other errors reported:

Internal Errors = Invalid section ID number.
    Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (8: 502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)
    Internal Errors = Could not locate the product reference.
    Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (4: 553 we don't relay (#5.7.1)

I'm aware that a site that generates as much traffic as we do is bound to get a few glitches here and there (and the percentage is very low compared to the overal traffic)..
    I would just appreciate a clearer explanation of the above.

We do get numerous reports of:
    Internal Errors = Error opening ../acatalog/*REMOVED HOST*.cart (No such file or directory)
    Which I basically put down to people attempting to return to the order confirmation after the cart has been cleared. Not much I can do about that me thinks..

Most of these seem reasonably clear to me.

1) Email receipt not sent to customer. Undefined customer email address.

- The customer has entered an invalid email address. Can't send the customer email.

2) Invalid section ID number.

- Sounds like an invalid section ID number. I believe V5 still used numbers for various pages didn't it (or was that V4?). I'm not sure what circumstances would throw up that error though.

3) Error returned from SMTP server (8: 502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)

- The error is what the smtp server is reporting back. In this case a 502 'Command not implemented' error.

4) Could not locate the product reference.

- Actinic can't find the product reference. Probably a link or buy button to a product that doesn't exist anymore. Could be an old lnk that's been added to someones favourites list.

5) Error returned from SMTP server (4: 553 we don't relay (#5.7.1)

Again, this is what the smtp server is reporting back. 553 means relaying is not permitted which means the smtp server thinks the sender is not authorised to use this smtp server. can happen if the senders mailbox name is wrong.

If these only happen ocasionally, then I wouldn't worry too much about them. The smtp errors there's not much that you can do about other than monitor them and get actinic to investigate if they happen regularly. The product reference ones could be due to old links via the cgi-bin still existing or even search engine spiders sitll trying to follow old product links via the cgi-bin. I would make sure that all links on the website are valid and then ban the se from the cgi-bin using a robots.txt file if they're still happening. A look in your stats log should help you find the problem if you want to go to that effort.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for that.

I knew the SMTP error's were responses, was just wondering if anyone knew what could be causing the random errors. Probably user input

As for the SID, our store uses a section per 'product range' and therefore I suppose when I hide and then delete that section (which contains the products in that range) users are likely to get an invalid SID error if cached or stored in the cart..

The above would no doubt account for the product reference error also.

I may have solved the (no such file or directory) error as I had overlooked the "norton patch" in Actinic.pm (even though I discussed it on here lol) where it removes the "if framed" URL declaration.

I'll clear the error log down and see what happens over the next week or so.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X