Windows or Linux for actinic hosting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows or Linux for actinic hosting ?

I have read some where that Actinic runs better on Linux than it does on Windows 2003, is this true ?

Thanks

Andy

It runs fine on both as people here will tell you. The only thing is that for most of us unix is easier to set up and use (easier to set access rights for example).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Actinic will most definately run quite happily on both linux and windows servers, but it is all down to getting the right host and right settings created on the server to start with, so although the largest proportion uses linux, windows can do it also, but due to the increased issues that Actinic users experience through 'shall we say - not so well put together windows servers - from an Actinic usage point of view' is why more gripes come up about windows servers than linux..

Not a complete answer I know, and would suggest that if your host can provide linux, then go for that, but again, windows servers can happily host actinic in the right conditions of setup.

Comment

I use Linux with Webfusion and have never had a problem. The Actinic network wizard works first time every time

Comment

I run with Linux also - can handle a little extra (outside of Actinic) and seems more stable for Actinic out of the box

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X