Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing shopping cart from top right

Hi,

I recently asked someone to remove the shopping cart from the top right hand side of the webpage on our site. On reflection I would like to have it back. Is this an easy option to turn on and off and if so could somebody help me do so please?

Also, how can you reset the cart once a user has left the site so that if they log back in their will be nothing in their cart?

Many thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

it is quite easy to reinstall. Under Actinic Design | Options | Layouts and click "Edit" next to Default Overall Layout.

It may be the code has been commented out or may have been deleted entirely. Look for something like:

Code:
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    document.write("Items in Cart&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;");
    document.write("&nbsp;&nbsp;Value of Items&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1));
    </script>
    This will display on 1 line - if you want it on 2 lines ad <br /> at the end of the first document.write line.

You can change the text "Items in Cart" and "Value of Items" to suit accordingly.

If you need on the other pages click next to each of the default layouts under Design | Options

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I have a couple more questions and was wondering if you could help?

1. I know this probably sounds like a stupid question but at what point can i put this text in the document (text file attached)?

2. Is there any way of changing the image of the actual shopping trolly to something else?

3. Can i add an thumbnail product image to the checkout page?

4. At the checkout page there is a 'confirm' button can i change this to add to card? or is this an image?

5. Can i alter the checkout pages easily enough? As i am using a custom VAT rate my figure before the user chooses their destination they see an exvat figure under the total figure. I want to be able to show the total amount before they go to check out as it is quite misleading.

Many thanks again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

1. I know this probably sounds like a stupid question but at what point can i put this text in the document (text file attached)?
        Please see the attached file Act_PrimaryDefault.txt

2. Is there any way of changing the image of the actual shopping trolly to something else?
        Yes, Design | Options | Shop Defaults .. under 'Shopping Mode'

3. Can i add an thumbnail product image to the checkout page?
        This is detailed in the Advanced Users Guide ( Download here )

4. At the checkout page there is a 'confirm' button can i change this to add to card? or is this an image?
        This is an Image and you can change it by Editing Act_ShoppingCart.html

5. Can i alter the checkout pages easily enough? As i am using a custom VAT rate my figure before the user chooses their destination they see an exvat figure under the total figure. I want to be able to show the total amount before they go to check out as it is quite misleading.
        Have you tried going to Business Settings |Tax, and click on a 'Tax Zone' you should see at the bottom 'Tax Levied in X Tax Zone', Use the drop down against Tax 2 and select 'Custom', you will now see a checkbox at the bottom that says 'Apply to running total including other taxes', select, click on Apply and then test the site.

Edit : Forgot to attach the file !! Done now.

Kind regards,
        Attached Files
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X