Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice Price Deduction

Hi,

How is it possible to add a Choice for a component of a product that deducts money from the standard price of the product? For example, if I am selling PCs - by default all the PCs supplied come with speakers. However, I have 2 choices "With speakers" and "Without speakers", and if a customer selects "Without speakers" I want it to deduct, for example, £10 from the price.

Thanks.

You are not able to deduct only add. You could set the option as "selected by default" so that would add it in and when they untick the price would drop

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

What?! I cant believe that. There surely must be a way of deducting from a products price? It should be as simple as entering, for example, -£5.00 in the price field. Any other options anyone?

Thanks.

Comment

What?! I cant believe that
        Well, you had better, because it is a fact. Any attempt to add a negative number will just see that number turned positive and the price increased.

The software only handles base products with extra cost add-ons. Jont has given you the solution. Price the basic product at what you will sell it for without speakers, add the speakers as a 'selected by default' extra cost option priced at the difference. When a customer deselects the speakers, the price will reduce to that which you have entered on the basic item.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Would allowing negated prices (discounts) really be a difficult thing to add within Actinic though?! Sounds like something very simple and would be very useful in quite a few scenarios.

Comment

Imagine the contents of the shopping basket

1 x computer @ 408.99
            1 x no speakers @ -11.99
            3 x fallapart mousepad @ 2.88

and then what happens if the user click remove against the no speakers option - theoretically minus negative 11.99 = plus 11.99 but how does it get shown. The computer is already there with its price - there is nothing to add the 11.99 to - you would need a quantity of 0 no speakers at a cost of -11.99 + 11.99 = 0.00. No sane programmer is going to introduce something like that into an application.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X