WARNING! One host NOT to use!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING! One host NOT to use!

Just a quick tip, DO NOT TOUCH Clara.net.

We have 2 managed servers with them, and a shared SSL with Techno-Web. Even though the servers are all in the same room in the same building, we keep gettin problems where once you have input your Payment details, the SSL server can not get back to our Web Server (Error 500).

This first happened in November, during a very busy period for us, and took 5 working days to resolve. Turns out it was a VLAN configuration error, but it took days for themn to even look at the problem, they refused responsibility, saying it was either Actinic or Techno-Web. Bull Poop!

In fact if it wasn't for Techno-Web I dont even know if we would have solved the problem, they have been amazing!

Well anyway the problem happend agasin in December, January (again they refused responsibility for it!) and it happened about a week ago.

The recent trouble we had was slightly different. Certain customers from certain ISPs could place orders fine, the others could not. I narrowed it down to only BT Internet customers could place an order (We are BT) but NTL: (Including their VISP's Virgin.net and Tesco Net), Pipex and a few others could not.

Luckily I have friends who work for ntl: and I could get alot of information which was passed on to Clara.net but not used.

They finally accepted it was their problem, and then told us they could fix it at the end of Feb AT BEST! My Boss later called and they decided to move our server back to its original location over night and that no major disruption would be caused. Imagine how shocked I was this morning (sarcasm) when I came in and no access could be made to our site, via domain name or IP. I called the 'director' who was like "OH? Really? Sorry!" and it took about 90 minutes for the site to come back on.

There was no phonecall to tell us that the move was complete, they obviosuly just moved the server and didnt check if it worked, otherwise they would have realised that there was a problem!

For a communications company, they can't communicate. And considering our server is 'managed'.... Well I wont get in to that!

We pay alot of money for their services, we do not get what we pay for. Just a warning for you... We have lost literally thousands of pounds in orders over the last few months because of their incompetance, I wouldnt wan't anybody else to make the same mistake as us.
    www.bathroomexpress.co.uk
Working...
X