Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - products are duplicates, but they shouldn't be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - products are duplicates, but they shouldn't be...

Hello,

Having set up a webshop and added the first few products, I gave the shop owner what I thought were foolproof instructions for adding the rest of the products. Obviously, instructions are there to be ignored, and now I've found that all the products have been created by duplicating the first one in a category, then editing name, description image etc.

Is there a quick way to convert these duplicates into individual unique products?

Thanks
    SP

Yes in the database but if the user is daft enough not to follow your original instructions keep them well away from the database. Either they can start again or I would charge them to edit the database for them

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,

Thanks - daft is the word!

So, to edit the DB, can I just edit the 'Product Reference' field in the 'Product' table?
      The duplicates have all been named in the format: duplicate number!original number (eg 4!26 for the fourth duplicate of product 26), so they're quite easy to spot - but will I be getting myself into trouble elsewhere?
      There are also sOriginalProdRef and nDuplicateIndex fields, which I assume will need amending. Anything else to look out for? There doesn't seem to be a Primary Key, or any other unique identifier in this table.

Thanks for your help.

SP

Comment

You will also need to change the 'nProductType' fields in the 'Product' database from '1' to '0'

Comment

Thanks

Thanks - I edited those four columns in the database and all appears to be working now.

Comment

Working...
          X