Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page locations in Catalog

Hi

I'm building a shopping cart to put onto the back of an existing site at . The idea is that visitors will browse the gallery at www.golf-prints.org/portfolios/summer2003.html www.golf-prints.org , and then (when the site's live) click on an 'Add to cart' button by the side of the large image.

The intention is for the 'Add to cart' button to link to the individual image page in the /acatalog shop. I've set up each image as a product in a sub-section so that they'll each have individual product pages.

I had originally intended to have the cart launch in a pop up window, but now think that's not necessary.

So, the question is do I need to move the gallery page to my /acatalog directory and set it as the base home page (rather than the existing brochure home page), or can I leave it where it is and link to the individual product pages from it?

If I take the second option, do I still need to refer to it as the base home page even though it won't be in the /acatalog directory (so that all the linking back etc. from the shopping cart will work correctly)?

TIA
    Debbie
    Debbie Ormston

Debbie

You can link to pages within your 'acatalog' folder from anywhere on the Internet, including a page within the root of your site. Actinic will still create its own base (index) page within the 'acatalog' folder, but you won't have any links to this index page from your site root pages - and that's perfectly fine.

When you add the items to the cart, the cart will appear in the pop-up window, and then customers will be returned back to the product page in the pop-up.

Comment

Thanks for that Chris. If I decide to go ahead with the pop up window method, what will happen if the shopper closes the catalog window to go back to the gallery?

Debbie
      Debbie Ormston

Comment

To be honest Debbie, I have no idea.

I imagine Actinic will remember the cart between pop-up window sessions in the same way as it remembers your cart if you close your browser for a while.

Comment

Working...
        X