Advanced Network Setup Issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Network Setup Issues!

Hello all - newbee here and I have been trying to load through hosting service called brinkster.com that has not been helpful I get almost all the way through the wizard and it stops after i put in the perl path and extension .pl. gives me an HTTP error.

If I test, I get "The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

I have checked the permissions to the cgi-bin file and acatalog which are set to 755 and 777 respectively.

What am I doing wrong?

If you can post a copy of your current network settings (remove the username and password elements) and also what type of server you are on (linux / windows), then might be able to highlight possible issues, but do not recall them being mentioned on this forum before, so maybe ask them if they have other Actinic sites on the servers, just to be certain that they are able to host it for you...

Might be a daft question also: But they do have the hosting package enabled for perl yes.

Comment

Just to make sure, I would suggest you sent them a copy of 'Mail2hst.txt', you will find this file in C:\Program Files\Actinic v x

Their responses to the questions in there will tell you what is going wrong. If that does not highlight any issues, you can post the details as Support@Techno suggested and we can take a look for you.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X