How to check which version i HAVE and how to transfere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to check which version i HAVE and how to transfere

Many years ago somebody installed ACTINIC on our website.
    Now we need to move it to new server and we just copied a all catalogue to new server and now when you click add to basket it shows
    /cgi-bin/ca000001.pl
    Internal Server Error!
    And it just not working

So now we do not know even what version of ACTINIC we have how to transvere it ect.

You need the PC from which Actinic is managed, and the application on that PC. You would then change the server details in the Network Setup page of the Actinic software and test those details. Once you know they are working, do a web | Refresh website.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

and here is the problem that pc is not working anymore

Comment

I hope you kept backups. You will need to re-install Actinic on another PC then import a site backup, check network settings and then do a site refresh.

If you don't have backups then you will need to try and find a way to recover info from the PC that's not working. If the harddrive's ok then maybe you could place it in another PC and recover tha data. if the harddrive's not ok then you could perhaps approach a company to try and recover data from it. (There's some previous forum threads on faulty harddrives and data recovery)

Comment

I managed ato trecover a folders from that tisc and i have a content of that actinet folder but i have no idea what to do know? it is 3.10 version.
          How can i manage to make that work?

Comment

Do you still have the orginial installation files for Actinic and your license key? If you don't have the installation files you can download them from here: http://support.actinic.com/versions/

Install Actinic, license your copy of Actinic. Then close it and copy the content of your backed-up 'Site1' folder into your newly installed 'Site1' folder. Then go to 'Web | Refresh Website'.

That should do it.

Comment

Which version i have i managed to recover all catalog but i do not know where is a licence nr ani if it is 3.10 9IMA or v3.10 9INB version?

Comment

ik i had updated but
                now i have
                A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Error: Error opening configuration file ../public_html/acatalog/A000.cat. No such file or directory

but on new server my catalogs instead public_html are in htdocswhere to set that
                ?
                and still i do not know wher i will find my licence number

Comment

mahatma,

and still i do not know wher i will find my licence number
                  If you access the registry on the old machine, look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Actinic | Catalog3 |Site1 |Catalog and you should be able to see the lisence key, else please give sales a call and check with them if they can do something for you, sales can be contacted @ 0845 1294800 or sales@actinic.co.uk

but on new server my catalogs instead public_html are in htdocswhere to set that
                  You will need to change the network Settings and this is in View | Prefrences | Network

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X