Apycom Java Menus and actinc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apycom Java Menus and actinc

has anyone used Apycom Java Menus from within actinic ?

it uses java and so requires the java virtual engine to do its magic,

is there any reason NOT to implement such a (cross browser) menu structure ? - we want to make the site a bit more dynamic

kev

We have played with the DHTML tree and DHTM menu, which is pretty cool, which uses the dev application they have developed for the manual creation of the menu structures.

Putting the menu's to use within an Actinic uploaded site will take some playing and alternate (possibly) templates to pull the .js files and images from the correct locations, but no reason with some playing it can not be achieved to a good level and nice looking menu for your site.
    Last edited by I-CC; 18-Feb-2006, 08:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
      will take some paying and
      I must assume you mean playing - thats not a problem,
      do you find any problems with people not having the java-engine installed ? or is quite common to have it installed (and turned on) ?

Comment

Sorry, we played (experimented) with the DHTML menu's, as opposed to the JAVA VM operable menus....

Java VM will be an issue for some, can not get away from that...

The ones via DHTML from the same company is at http://dhtml-menu.com

Comment

thats what I thought, I liked the idea of the java based menus, and have already dabbled with the dhtml versions, again very clever.

I'm also looking at CSS versions (that degrade gracefully) so I'll carry on looking,
          thanks for your thoughts though.

kev

Comment

Working...
          X