Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i have to set up a PSP account ?

Hello All!

I have yet to upload an Actinic e-commerce website and have a few queries before I upload.

If the 'Payment and Security' tab has the following setting applied in my Catalog:

Credit Card Details Captured for Later Processing -

How do I receive an order baring in mind I have no PSP account set up? Where on earth do the CC details and order get sent to?

Do i have to set up a PSP account at all?

If I do set one up with say Worldpay or ST, what are the implications?

Totally lost here!
    Any help much appreciated

Thanks
    Chris

If you choose the Credit card details captured for later processing option the credit card details will arrive as part of your order and you can then take the payment yourself (using a credit card machine - so you need a merchant account).

The main implications of setting up an account are the costs, you will have to pay to set one up and then pay a percentage of your takings in commision.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

When an order is placed on an Actinic store, all order details are stored within an *.ord file within the 'acatalog' folder online. When you retrieve orders, Actinic downloads these order files from the web and reads the contents of these files into the database.

When you are using 'Credit Card Details Captured for Later Processing' as a payment method, this means that you are using Actinic to capture credit card details with the order details online, and then you are going to process these numbers through your own PDQ terminal.

If you use a PSP, then the customers are forwarded to the site belonging to the Payment Service Provider as they order. They enter their credit card details online, and then you (the merchant) is just given an 'payment authorisation' which is written as a file to your 'acatalog' folder online. These authorisation files are then downloaded along with the order files.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Comment

Working...
      X