Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspending payment until I know if the product is available...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspending payment until I know if the product is available...

Hi,

First of all, I'll never say it enough : mmmany many thanks to all the Actinic Community (and some Actinic experts above all : Wjcampbe, NormanRouxel, Jont, Cdicken, Pinbrook, Bruce, Nadeem, etc.) who always help me out of trouble.

Apart from that, I have a new problem maybe you kwnow how to resolve :
    since some of my products come from abroad and are not always available in stock, is it possible to allow orders but to disallow payment (I use Paypal) until I know if the product is available? If so I would just send a confirmation email to the customer who could then complete his order and pay it via Paypal.

Any idea?

Thanks
    Mathieu Perino
    ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Hi Mathieu,

I am afraid that it is not possible with Paypal but PSP's like WorldPay and SecPay provides you an option of pre-authorising the transaction. This option authorises credit card transactions by reserving the cost of the order on the customer credit card. Once the stock arrive and the goods are despatched you can notify the PSP and collect the money. Or alternatively go to "Design|Text", Phase:-1, ID:334 and customise the "OUT OF STOCK" message , for example to display "Please contact through email for more information",so that the customer can send you an email and check the status.

Comment

Thanks Sumiya, I'll do that.
      Mathieu Perino
      ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

Originally posted by sumiya
        Hi Mathieu,

I am afraid that it is not possible with Paypal but PSP's like WorldPay and SecPay provides you an option of pre-authorising the transaction. This option authorises credit card transactions by reserving the cost of the order on the customer credit card. .
        This is not true, the Pre Auth on protx just means the card was checked and that the amount required was in the bank at that time, shortly afterwords (minutes) they release the money back to the account

Therefore you can quite often find if you dispatch the goods a few days latter, that you cannot get your hands on the money as they have since spent it and then have to either wait until they put more money into the account or contact them.

Therefore do not dispatch the goods on pre auth until you have taken the dosh from the account
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
        X