Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Page

Hi

I would like to add a piece of functionality to the product page but not sure if it is possible.

Basically I am trying to add a new line of text below the add to cart button.

1. If a product has stock monitoring enabled and is in stock, the add to cart button should be visable. The change is: I need a text to automatically appear below the button stating "Available for despatch next working day".

1(b) If a product has stock disabled (and is in stock by deafult), the add to cart button should be visable. The change is: I need a CUSTOMPROPERTY text to appear below the button (replacing the text above) stating "Available for despatch in ??working days". ?? depending what is in the PROPERTIES of the product.

2. If a product has stock monitoring enabled is out of stock, the out of stock button should be visable. The change is: I need text to automatically appear below the button stating "Product not in stock - email us for delivery times".

Can anyone point me in the right direction with regards to amending the Product code?

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Hi Paul,

1. If a product has stock monitoring enabled and is in stock, the add to cart button should be visable. The change is: I need a text to automatically appear below the button stating "Available for despatch next working day".

1(b) If a product has stock disabled (and is in stock by deafult), the add to cart button should be visable. The change is: I need a CUSTOMPROPERTY text to appear below the button (replacing the text above) stating "Available for despatch in ??working days". ?? depending what is in the PROPERTIES of the product.
    I would suggest creating a Customvar and using it on the product properties tab, changing the value to read "Available for despatch next working day" or "Available for despatch in ??working days" depending on whether stock monitoring is enabled or disabled.

This will have to be done manually however.... and the value changed as and when you make change sto the product.

2. If a product has stock monitoring enabled is out of stock, the out of stock button should be visable. The change is: I need text to automatically appear below the button stating "Product not in stock - email us for delivery times".
    There is a Simpler method if you would like to try, Go to Design | Text | Web Site(Cont) | General Information and change the default 'OUT OF STOCK message to read "Product not in stock - email us for delivery times".

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

With regards to the first requirement.

Is there any way of having the first customproperty (Available for despatch next working day) - automatically appear for EVERY product that has stock monitoring ON and is IN stock?

But then if another customproperty (Available for despatch in ??working days) is used within a specific product's properties, it replaces the above customproperty.

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Bath, England
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Thats exactly what I told you in teh earlier thread. If you create a CUSTOMVAR in Advanced | Custom Properties, click on + and enter say 'DESPATCH'. Now go to Design | Options | Site Defaults and click the + below 'Properties', in the new row use the drop-down to select 'DESPATCH' uncheck 'Searchable' and select 'Use as Customvar', do not enter any thing in the value column.

Edit Act_ProductLine.html which is the default product line template used, else the specific template you are using and add in CUSTOMVARESPATCH where you want the message to appear.

Now on the product level you can click on the properties tab and select 'DESPATCH', if the product is in stock and has stock monitoring on enter 'Available for despatch next working day' in the value field. The ones where you want the other message appearing can have that one in the value field. Remember to uncheck searchable and select 'Use as Customvar'.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

If you are asking can Actinic select the customvar for you based on the stock figure you would need two things.

You need the stock figure in the html generated by actinic - that means follow the instructions for showing the stock quantity on the page, and wrap it in a hidden tag if you do not want the quantity to show on the page.

You then need a javascript function after the hidden or visible quantity field to read that quantity value and write the html or the appropriate customvar for your message.

i.e. quantity null - available in x days message
          quantity 0 - email us
          quantity > 1 - available for dispatch

does this help
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi

Sorry Bruce I wasnt very clear in explaining my idea.

Yes thats it:

IF quantity = 0 - "Not in stock: Email us" text
            IF quantity > 1 - "Available for dispatch" text
            IF quantity null (e.g. stock monitoring off" - Use CUSTOMVAR which is driven by specific product properties (so there could be multiple versions of this).

I can see putting the stock levels in the page is a standard Actinic feature. I would need to hide this from view and then get some Javascript to do the above.

Many thanks

Paul
            KJ Beckett
            Bath, England
            Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Working...
            X