Orders on site but can't download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders on site but can't download

I have some orders on my site, the download button is green but nothing downloads. How can I force it to download?

FTP is fine. We've completely uploaded the site again. The site has recently been transferred from another server so the order number may be out of sync. Could it think it has already downloaded the orders?

Thanks.
    Vernon Blackmore
    Ambit New Media

The green button would normally only be greyed out if Actinic wanted you to upload or if you had catalog maintenance switched off in design settings.

Actinic does not as far as I know check the site for orders until you try to download orders. If you uploaded and then did something to your network settings the button would grey out again - could that be it.

I would suggest uploading again and reporting back if the button doesn't become enabled.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

More information...

In hope I set the order.num file to a new, higher value. The next (test) order correctly incremented the file. We still couldn't get that order to download.

We've noticed that no e-mails are being sent out.

Any thoughts?
      Vernon Blackmore
      Ambit New Media

Comment

But the button is green

The download button is not greyed out - it is green. And there are orders on the site. But nothing downloads. How does it determine what to download and what to leave? Where might it have got confused?
        Vernon Blackmore
        Ambit New Media

Comment

Sorry Vernon, I misread your first post. hence the irrelevant answer.

Have you tried placing a test order yourself and downloading that.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Can't download a new order

Yes, I added a test order and couldn't download it. I then incremented (by hand) the number file and placed a second test order. The number file incremented correctly (looking at it in a hex editor) and the new order used the same incremented number - so that looked OK. But there was no e-mail and we can't download the order.

We've pinged the FTP site and the IP address is correct (just in case we were going to another site!).

The order numbers are above any we have already downloaded.
            Vernon Blackmore
            Ambit New Media

Comment

Actinic is not that intelligent in its order download. It just looks for all files with an extension of *.ord and then downloads them.

It does download them via HTTP via a call to the Perl files, so you may want to check that you have the correct cgi-bin URL in 'Advanced | Network Setup' and that you also have the correct path from the cgi-bin folder to the acatalog folder.

You could also FTP up to your site and change all permissions to 777 on the acatalog folder.

If this does not work, it may be worth asking the email support team to look at your site. You can register an email support question here

Comment

Thanks for information

Thanks for this information. We've (earlier) run the automatic setup routine to derive the various paths, but I'll go the route of aasking for e-mail support.

As a stop-gap measure, we can manaually download the .ord files ourselves (using WS-FTP or something). If we dump them in a folder on our client PC, will Actinic pick them up as orders? If so, which folder do we use?

Thanks.
                Vernon Blackmore
                Ambit New Media

Comment

Well we may now know the problem...

It seems that performing a ping from the client PC returns the correct IP address for the FTP and the web site on the new server. But watchng the FTP logs as the client FTPs in shows that the client is going to the old server - still. So Actinic's domain name resolution is different to the rest of the PC! This isn't latency in the domain: the server changed addresses over a week ago and the domain is on a TTL of 15 minutes!

This may not be Actinic's fault - and I'm sure you'll tell me it is not. It transpires (why, oh why do people not tell me this at the outset?) that Actinic on the client PC is running in a virtual Windows 95 setup on an Apple Mac. But I did use the DOS prompt (the virtual DOS prompt) to check the domain-to-IP resolution, so Actinic's resolution does appear to be different to the rest of the virtual PC. Any thoughts on why or how?

We're now trying to resolve this by using a different host name (shop. instead of www.) for the site's domain. Anything to get the site up there so we can then download orders.

But as in my last e-mail, if I download the orders manually using another FTP client, can I import them into Actinic? The rest of the world have the correct IP address and orders are building up. I just can't get at them!!!!!

Thanks.
                  Vernon Blackmore
                  Ambit New Media

Comment

But as in my last e-mail, if I download the orders manually using another FTP client, can I import them into Actinic?

No you can't I'm afraid.

I'm a bit stumped about the best thing to do. If you have a PC you could
                    • install Actinic on the PC and license it with the key you are currently using
                    • Copy your entire Site 1 folder from the MAC to the new PC - overwriting the one on the new PC
                    • copy the details from 'Housekeeping | Security' from the MAC to the new PC.
                    • Download the orders onto the PC.

That's if you have a PC. There is not much else you can do whilst the MAC domain is pointing to the old address.

Comment

Can you access the old webspace at all, if you can you could copy the orders into the old webspace and then they should be downloaded to catalog (I think).

Regards,

Comment

Access the old web space

Yes, that's what we've decided to do. And we'll even set up an scheduled FTP script to move the orders across.

But I wonder how long we will have to do this?

I guess the next step is to re-install Catalog to see if that clears the IP address 'memory'.
                        Vernon Blackmore
                        Ambit New Media

Comment

Working...
                        X