Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New hosting company, site move, can't find cgi-bin

Hi,

Having to move a basic site to a new server. Everythings fine, network settings seem ok but problem with cgi-bin.

A test of the network settings says I should run Web, Configure Web Site Details, so I have but it gets as far as the cgi-bin bit and fails to find the diretory even though it's there and I can see it in the FTP window.

I've changed the persmissions to 777, and I can upload all the site files except the cgi-bin files. If I do an upload it fails at the last step - the merge, so the html files and images in the brochure are loaded but the shop files are not.

Any ideas?

TIA
    Money Saving Eco Friendly Products | UK Dating | Love Horse Dating

Hello Redspan

Is your site hosted on Linux / Unix or Windows ?

I had the same problem on a Windows Server using fasthosts. The problem (I think) was to do with the permissions on the directory.

I had a similar problem on Linux, I corrected this by disabling scripts then re-enabling them.

Both times were with fasthosts hosted sites

Thanks

Andy

Comment

From past experience it may be best to try the following

Your hosting company will have to reset the permissions from their side or run a DNS fix. This will hopefully sort the problem out, else you could find yourself sitting there for weeks trying to resolve....

Comment

Hi there,

Can you please send me the network settings or register an email query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm so that one of us can investigate the issue.
        [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
        Regards,
        Karthik

Comment

Working...
        X