updating of duplicates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updating of duplicates

Am I right in saying that if you have duplicate products, and you update the availablity of the sizing (choice) in the master, that the duplicates aren't updated? Cheers, Richard
    http://www.smarterproducts.co.uk

yes you are, the product reference and price fields are kept in line but the others can be different, as a general rule, if you can edit it in a duplicate it will not be kept in line with the master product.

We (Mole End) will be releasing a product in the next week or so that alllows you to keep these values up to date.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks, I shall look forward to it. Cheers, Richard
      http://www.smarterproducts.co.uk

Comment

This is a subject that has puzzled me for sometime.

Why on earth would a product duplicate not be identical to the master, even after an update. This is a real flaw IMO, for ease of shopping i have certain products duplicated in many different sections. If i want to change the text then i have to amend every one.

If i want a product to be individually amended, i can copy it rather than duplicate it. If i put a duplicate, then i want a duplicate all the time. As a bare minimum we should be able to either "paste as duplicate (non-editable)" or "paste as duplicate (editable)".

Come on Actinic get your act together, unless i'm the only one who thinks this, if so i will wipe the egg off.

COME ON PEOPLE LET EM KNOW IF THIS IS THE CASE!!

Comment

Hi Lee

You'll be pleased to hear that the next major release of Actinic should contain some significant improvements to the handling of duplicates, including the ability to reset all duplicates to being the same as the master product with a click of a button.

Until that's available, I find the best way to do it is to use the 'Edit | Find' feature to quickly find all duplicates in the content tree and reset them individually.

Comment

Hi Chris

COOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!

Will save me a lot of work.

I wasn't aware of the find feature, i use the search feature online to show all instances of a product and then go into catalogue and amend each one.

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken

You'll be pleased to hear that the next major release of Actinic should contain some significant improvements to the handling of duplicates, including the ability to reset all duplicates to being the same as the master product with a click of a button.
              Fantastic, as I have to make new dupes of each product changed and delete the old ones!

Any idea when a beta is due or even a theta! More hints on what else is being included?

Duncan
              Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Why on earth would a product duplicate not be identical to the master
                In my case I don't want it to be identical. I use duplicates as a brief version of a detailed product that has it's own product section and so the duplicates have different information and images - the only parts that remain the same are the prices and choices.

I'm glad to hear that in the next version product updates will only cascade to duplicates if selected.

Comment

Our beta duplicate update program is now available, email me for details.

Regards
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                  X